Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks, Part 2

How could I possibly talk about all I am thankful for in this process without mentioning the most important part of all of this, Huguenson!

I am not sure how to do this without writing it directly to him. I hope that one day, when he is older, I can show him this blog so he may have an understanding of how our family came to be. And not so he can read of the struggles of adoption but the road that brought us to be our unique, amazing, kooky family. So here we go.

To my sweet Hugo,

As we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving, a time to give thanks and gratitude for what we have and what has happened over the past year, I can't help but put you at the top of my list. The decision your dad and I made to start this adoption path was one of the best we ever made. The minute we saw your picture, we knew that you were meant to be our child and so thankful that our path led us to you. You were the missing piece to our family and finding us has made our hearts complete.

As you read this blog, you will read of the many trials that are international adoption. But not for one minute should you ever feel the burden of that pain. The pain is only the longing we have to get your home with us and part of our everyday life so we can love you in person instead of from afar. And please always know the joy and happiness we feel EVERY DAY that you are our son and coming home to us is far greater than anything else. Thinking of you and loving you brings me so much joy that I can never thank you enough already for being my son.

I thank God for you every single moment of every day. I want you to know that you are so loved by your mommy, daddy and sister here that we spend our days planning and excited for the day we can bring you home. There is not a minute you are not on our mind and in our hearts. Until then, I hope you can feel our love and security with each visit that we get to be with you. That time is so magical and precious.

We love you so much sweet boy and cannot wait to bring you home. You have made my heart complete.

Love Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment