Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No news is....No news

Well since the beginning of the month when we turned in all our adoption paperwork and reviewed our home study, not much has really changed.

I got a receipt from the USCIS department of the government that they received our I600A application. Not so much big news except that the agency was able to get our home study approved by the State of Colorado in time to send in our application before the November 23rd fee increase deadline. This is something I appreciate very much! Any time we can save on fees, it is a win.

I could go on a rant how they spelled our names wrong, first and last, how they spelled Wagon in our address as Wujen and how it is not that easy to get through to the Department of Homeland Security to correct such things....but I won't. I actually ended the day talking with someone very helpful, found out they have a separate department for adoptions and that department responds within minutes, so thus far I am impressed with them.

We will see how far that impressed feeling lasts through this process. :)

So no news. We could be sent a child to review any day but the "two week or sooner" time frame I was told has already come and gone. So we sit. And wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment