Friday, February 17, 2012

Rubble Wear



When I first went to Haiti in July, I bought this necklace that was made by the nannies at the orphanage out of the rubble from the earthquake. It is one of my most favorite possessions. Not only because it is beautiful, but because it is made by the nannies that love on my boy and the proceeds go back to the nannies to help support their families.

When I went to Haiti in January, I met the awesome lady, Kelly, that works for the Oak Project, the organization that created the idea of these necklaces and learned the story of how they came to be. It just made me love my necklace even more. I also got to meet Glorieuse, who is the creative mind behind the necklaces that you see above. They are called Rubble Wear and I brought some home to see if my friends and family would like to buy some and support these amazing woman. I sold the original batch I bought immediately and received some more last week. I am very grateful to all my friends and family that have supported this project. Click here for the story of how this all came to be.


One thing that stands out about Maison is that the care that the children receive. I could tell when I first went there in July and when I saw how Hugo lit up when he saw his caretakers. They love our children and I could not ask for anything more for him. He is loved and he loves.

I still have some necklaces left. If you are interested in purchsing one, please send me an email at valetchepare@gmail.com and I will send you pictures of the necklaces I have left. They are $25 and all money received goes back to the Oak Project and the nannies.

No comments:

Post a Comment